You can find information about just about anything through the Internet. You can connect with just about anyone through social media. But how can you find the people and resources most relevant to your particular interests? And, once you’ve found them, how will you maintain contact?
If your interests include arts and mission, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve designed this new website for the Global Ethnodoxology Network (GEN) in hopes of providing you with “one stop” for all things ethnodoxology. This portal offers you easy access to a rich collection point for relationships, conversations, announcements, training programs, and many more resources that support the intersection of arts and mission around the world.
Through this website, you can:
- Find information. Do you want to learn more about ethnodoxology? Do you need advocacy materials to communicate your passion for arts and mission with others? Tap into our special compilation of resources on the “What is Ethnodoxology?” splash page.
- Find books and media. The GEN Marketplace offers the opportunity to purchase resources, while the GEN Library offers a wide variety of documents, web links, and audio/video recordings, all searchable by region, artistic domain, topic, and more. If you’re an GEN member, don’t forget to log in for access to the full extent of the library’s holdings. Members with five-year or lifetime memberships can also access the Garland Encyclopedia of World Music.
- Find people. A growing number of people all around the world share your interest in using arts in mission. Using the searchable GEN Member Directory, you can connect with others pursuing similar academic/artistic directions or locate other people near you. GEN members serve all over the world—can you add a country to our map?
- Find events. The home-page announcements, calendar, newsletter, and member forum carry news of conferences, internships, and other opportunities to interact face-to-face with members of the GEN community.
- Find training options. From full degree programs to seminars and workshops, find opportunities to hone your understanding and skills in ethnodoxology.
- Find social media. Connect with our Twitter feed, Facebook page, YouTube channel, and other arts-related communication venues.
- Find encouragement and inspiration. Read the stories behind the map on the home page. Browse through the GEN Library. Watch videos on the YouTube channel. Chat with GEN members through the Member Directory or forum. Gain courage and perspective by seeing and hearing what’s happening around the world.
GEN was started in 2003 to facilitate networking and provide resources towards encouraging and equipping Christ-followers in every culture to express their faith through their local arts. This website continues to implement that vision by capitalizing on the modern-day resources available for online communication, thereby strengthening and expanding our worldwide community of practice.
And so we welcome you to the new GEN website! We hope you bookmark it as your go-to spot for encouragement, inspiration, and information in the world of ethnodoxology. You can stay up to date with current developments by signing up for the free GEN newsletter. If you’re already an GEN member, be sure to log in and explore the relationships and resources available to you through the Member Directory, discussion forum, expanded GEN Library, and other member-specific benefits.
We welcome your input and interaction with the new website. Whatever your level of interest in arts and mission, please use, enjoy, engage, contribute, and don’t hesitate to let us know how we can serve you better.