Worship Leader Magazine, with a readership of over 80,000, has announced our newly designed GEN website as one of the Best of 2016 Editor’s Picks in the category of Digital Worship Resources: Global/Missional Worship. A special shout out to the team that created this website.
Take the tour:
We’ve designed this website in hopes of providing you with “one stop” for all things ethnodoxology. This portal offers you easy access to a rich collection point for relationships, conversations, announcements, training programs, and many more resources that support the intersection of arts and mission around the world.
- Find information. Do you want to learn more about ethnodoxology? Do you need advocacy materials to communicate your passion for arts and mission with others? Tap into our special compilation of resources on the “What is Ethnodoxology?” page.
- Find books and media. The GEN Marketplace offers the opportunity to purchase resources, while the GEN Library offers a wide variety of documents, web links, and audio/video recordings, all searchable by region, artistic domain, topic, and more. If you’re an GEN member, don’t forget to log in for access to the full extent of the library’s holdings. Members with five-year or lifetime memberships can also access the Garland Encyclopedia of World Music.
- Find people. A growing number of people all around the world share your interest in using arts in mission. Using the searchable GEN Member Directory, you can connect with others pursuing similar academic/artistic directions or locate other people near you. GEN members serve all over the world—can you add a country to our map?
- Find events. The home-page announcements, calendar, newsletter, and member forum carry news of conferences, internships, and other opportunities to interact face-to-face with members of the GEN community.
- Find training options. From full degree programs to seminars and workshops, find opportunities to hone your understanding and skills in ethnodoxology.
- Find social media. Connect with our Twitter feed, Facebook page, YouTube channel, and other arts-related communication venues.
- Find encouragement and inspiration. Read the stories behind the map on the home page. Browse through the GEN Library. Watch videos on the YouTube channel. Chat with GEN members through the Member Directory or forum. Gain courage and perspective by seeing and hearing what’s happening around the world.
And so we welcome you to the new GEN website! We hope you bookmark it as your go-to spot for encouragement, inspiration, and information in the world of ethnodoxology. You can stay up to date with current developments by signing up for the free GEN newsletter. If you’re already an GEN member, be sure to log in and explore the relationships and resources available to you through the Member Directory, discussion forum, expanded GEN Library, and other member-specific benefits.