A tremendous team has been working for nearly a year to make this happen:
- Matt and Carol Long, friends and colleagues from DIU in Dallas, TX, did the heavy lifting in terms of the website building. Matt did a lot of programming in order to develop some of the special features you'll see.
- Jim Null, our ongoing website manager, provided technical support and will continue to maintain our new website.
- Sarah Y, who graduated with her M.A. in World Arts from GIAL, has volunteered to be our very first GEN Resource Coordinator. She put hours into creating the extensive members-only section of the GEN Library.
- Julie Johnson, another M.A. in World Arts graduate, assisted Sarah with the library and crafted many of the home-page stories (accessible by clicking on a region of the map).
- Katie Hoogerheide, Associate Director of the Center for Excellence in World Arts, served as project coordinator.
- The GEN Board provided valuable feedback and vision-casting for the website.
- And our fearless leader and GEN President, Robin Harris, put a great deal of time into providing input along the way, especially for one of the most exciting features of the website, the GEN Member Directory.
If you find any issues with this newly launched site, please let us know right away (email@example.com)--Matt and Carol are only able to provide technical support for a few more weeks.
If you are already an GEN member, please check your email/spam Inbox for an email about setting up your profile in the GEN Member Directory. If you are not yet a member, consider joining our community and enjoying access to even more networking options and other resources. You might also choose to stay up to date with current developments by receiving the free GEN newsletter. Whatever your situation, we hope this website encourages you in your service.