How do people you know outside of the Western world experience God's grace through song?
Wycliffe and SIL have their annual World Day of Prayer on Nov 11, 2019, on the theme of grace. They help people prepare through devotionals and links to songs. So far, the songs have all been Western. I have asked them to add songs from other parts of the world, and they have eagerly embraced the idea, asking me to gather songs that speak about grace somehow.
Deadline: October 15. Please look at the directions in the Google doc at this link and add a song or two. It can be in regional, popular, or local styles (including styles influenced by Western music). I'm pasting the directions from the doc below. Walking through this open door will influence thousands of people and encourage local and regional artists.
- Deadline: October 15, 2019
- Find a song or two from the non-Western world having to do with grace (or a really good one from Euroamerica).
- Below, in this Google doc, add links to video, audio, or any text files associated with the song. A Youtube video link is simplest, but all forms are good. You can put files in this Google folder.
- Include the language, country, performers, and your name as contributor
- You can add a translation or summary of the text in English if you want, but it’s not necessary